"Lotions & Potions" Make & Take Workshop Kit
Make your own natural lotions, creams, and butters—and lots of variations—with this simple body cream kit.
Making your own natural lotions, creams, and butters is sure way to know what's entering your body through your skin. Using pure, therapeutic essential oils adds amazing aroma and enhances the health benefits of your creations.
"Lotions & Potions" outlines instructions for basic body cream and 7 essential oil variations to make ½ oz. salve jars: Soothing Joint Rub, Skin Rescue, Tummy Trouble, Gloves in a Tub, Scar-B-Gone, Restful Sleep, and Breathe Free. The kit also includes 8 moisture-resistant lid labels for each of the 7 recipes, plus 4 bonus labels for basic body cream. Tips on choosing vegetable oils and other essential oil blends will give you confidence to also branch out on your own. So get set to conjure up some powerful potions for your entire body!
- 8 Recipe fold-outs (4 pages).
- 1 Class outline.
- 8 Lid labels for each of 7 blends.
- 4 Bonus labels for basic body cream.
- Essential oils and blends for 7 recommended recipes—Single oils: frankincense, lavender, lemongrass, lime, melalueca, oregano, and thyme; Blends: Digestive, Protective, Respiratory, and Soothing.
- Hard oils (and butters), beeswax, and vegetable oils.
- Distilled water.
- Plastic salve jars—½ oz. recommended for 7 sample recipes.
- Extra blank lid labels (optional).
- Kitchen scale.
- Glass measuring cups with pour spouts (1, 2, and 4 cups).
- Hot plate or electric skillet, if stove top not available.
- Rubber scrapers, assorted sizes.
- Fork or chopstick.
- Immersion stick blender/mixing tool.
- Paper towels and/or rags.
- Plastic tablecloth.
- Individual wooden craft sticks or spoons.